Friday, March 18, 2016

A print headwrap, dark lips, & smokey teal eyes

Hey guys, have you noticed that my makeup posts are frequent these days? At the beginning of the year, I decided I wanted to get better with makeup application, and I challenged my self to create a look every Saturday using a different technique. This look is from two Saturdays ago, and my challenge here was to use a different combination of shadows for my outer V and crease, instead of  the typical brown shade I use.

 To achieve a different than usual crease and outer V color, I used an orange and red shade in my crease, and a mixture of purple and black for the outer V. Thought not visible, the orange and red contributed to making the outer V of my lid look plumy. 

I really loved this look, and I thought a print scarf and jumbo size earring from my online store, Chic Therapy Accessories would complete the look. All products used are listed below. 


Face: Foundation: Nars Luminous foundation in Benares| Powder- MAC Mineralize skin finish in deep dark | Highlight: LAGirl Cosmetics concealer in warm honey and Ben Nye banana powder |  Blush- red matte shadow #382 | Honey pot shade from Too Faced Cosmetics natural eye palette

Eyeshadow: Inner corner-Cobalt blue shade from House  of Tara Oseken palette| Outer corner- Black & purple shade from BH Cosmetics Eyes on the 70s palette | Transition color: Inglot--red matte shadow #382 & orange in amc 51 | Brow Bone- Honey pot shade from Too Faced Cosmetics natural eye palette 
Lips: Coloured Raine-Roulette & Mary
That's all folks. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this look. 

Have a fabulous weekend.

11 comments:

The White List said...

You need a Youtube beauty channel!

Tonkabelle said...

You look really beautiful, this is one of your best looks. I love how your scarf pulls the entire look together.

PS. You are definitely in the hair growth challenge!

www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

Style For Mankind said...

Such an amazing post! Love the images. Have an amazing new week.


Style For Mankind
Facebook
Bloglovin

Dressed2dNines Blog said...

Your eye makeup is the bomb girl! Love the headwrap as well.

www.dressed2nines.com

Anna Moore said...

Nice post!
Would u like to flw each other? Just flw me and tell about this! I'll flw back!
xx
http://mooreann.blogspot.com/

Wilfried said...

Hello dear! I like what you did. From the eyeshadows to your lips. I don't know tho if I can rock it too with colours, I need to get better at that too.
Have a nice week

wilfriiiied.blogspot.com

Of the comely said...

I agree with the first comment about the You tube channel. You look lovely in these pics. I think the only thing I could pull off is the lipstick. Thanks for the detailed description of the products used.

nedoux.com said...

Hi,

I hope your weekend went well.

I like how you explained the sections of the eyelid in the third photo. Well-detailed for people like me who haven't got the foggiest about these things.

My eye make up routine involves lining my upper and lower lids. My lid crease is so tiny that colour barely shows when my eyes are open, so I don't bother. Lol

Your eyes look great.

xoxo Kellz* said...

Yassss!! Im here for it babe- the makeup th hair the turban!!

http://islandchic77.com/

Fashionably Fabulous said...

Very nice look. Your makeup is killer!

Natasha B | fashionablyfab.com

Titilola Sogunro said...

You did a fantastic job with your eye makeup. I struggle a lot with mine, lol