Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Lagos Diaries: Double stripes, friends, and other stories


          The pictures below are from a hang-out date in Lagos, Nigeria with some of my “bestest” girls. We hadn't hung out as a group in forever, and it was great getting together and just goofing off. These girls bring out the goof ball in me!
Our first stop was our old high school--Queen's College in the hizzle! I hadn't been there in 13 years, and it was emotional walking down the hallways and visiting my old dorms
Obi house for life

Then we headed to Rele Art Gallery to check out art

You know you are a lipstick addict when you are wondering what shade of lipstick the subject of a painting is wearing :-)
I really need to retire the pout and deuces sign :-(
The story began with the spiritual bath
Then we headed out of  Rele art gallery
Hung out at the mall briefly 
And soon it was ice cream time at Hans & Rene. Caught up with my cousins here. (I want both their dresses!)
More of my high school buddies joined us for ice cream
Then a photo shoot ensued in the coolest bathroom hallway
How amazing is this 3D wallpaper?
When the wallpaper matches your outfit, you pose!
Looks like we are actually sitting 
Few more poses and it was time to go home :-(

There's something about the bond you have with high school friends. Even when you haven't seen each other in a while, you fall right back--just like that! 

 Enjoy the rest of the week guys!

11 comments:

Tonkabelle said...

Aww I went to QC as well. Love all your photos that bathroom hallway is so nice.

www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

The White List said...

Looks like you had a lovely time Ardent!!! Did you try the agbalumo sorbet in the end?

Chic Therapy said...

Yay! "Pass on the torch"

Chic Therapy said...

No, I didn't get to try it :-(

Carla said...

I absolutely LOVE your outfit. You look adorable. Well, you all do -- how cool is it to also have such fashionable friends.

And btw, that gallery looks like it has some pretty amazing pieces.

Beauty said...

It does look like you are actually sitting on that wall-paper couch; lovely pictures.

Paola Lauretano said...

Funny pics, lovely friends and.... cool striped pants!!!
Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself

My Facebook

Mz_Velocity said...

i loved your outfit... please where is the reel art gallery located, I need to visit there myself.

Chic Therapy said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by. Rele is at 5, Military Road. Onikan, Lagos

nedoux.com said...

Hi Lady Chic,

I agree with you, secondary school friends are the real buddies, it's easy to be yourself around the people who've known you since before your boobs were big enough to fit into a bra. Lol

You had a good time in Lagos. I've been meaning to go to Hans and Rene for icecream, i've been seeing lots of blogger reviews recently.

Hahaha! @ lipstick addict, the shade on the lady in the painting looks like a matte orange-red. I love that 3D wall paper, I'd sleep better if it was on my bedroom wall. :-)

Chic Therapy said...

Lol a the boob reference!