Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Lagos Diaries: Pink and Gold Aso Ebi

Hi guys, In my previous post, I mentioned that I visited my home country, Nigeria earlier this month. Though my trip was unplanned and short, I managed to squeeze in a lot of fun.

The reason I was home was to attend an "owambe" (traditional Nigerian Function ). The colors of the event were blush and gold, and I knew I wanted a very glamorous traditional outfit. I bought the pink underlay fabric and skirt fabric in the States, but the shimmery lace fabric was bought at good old Balogun Market. Because I arrived in Lagos a few days before the event, my tailor had a very short time to complete the dress. The end result was not the exact style I had requested, but the outfit came out gorgeous and I was satisfied with the outcome. 

What do you guys think? The tailor came correct, right?

Face: Loreal Infallible Matte Foundation in Dark Cocoal | Powder: Iman pressed powder in Medium deep | blush: Inglot Red #382 |Highlight: LA Girl cosmetics in warm honey & Ben Nye Banna Powder
Eyes: Inner corner-Mac loose pigment in copper sparkle & Pink pink pearl | Middle color--MAC loose pigment in magenta madness and MAC cranberry | Outer V: cexpresso for Too faced Natural eye paletter |Crease: Inglot Red #382

Lips: Lip Liner: Barry M in #11 & Coloured Raine in Berri Raine


That's all folks. Thanks for stopping by my little space on the web :-)

10 comments:

Style For Mankind said...

I like this a lot! :)

xoxo;
STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
Bloglovin

nedoux.com said...

Hi,

Pretty in pink, you look very elegant! I love the fabric and the design of your dress.



Cheechee Live said...

beautiful!!
www.cheecheelive.com

TOSAN said...

On point as usual

Please see my videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9cXdadwP9dhW9NOG_bhL8A

Fashion Pad said...

Looking glam boo! Love the dress and your makeup is fabulous!!!

Jeanne said...

Stunning dress and make up!
♥♥♥
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

Funmi Sodunke said...

Yes oh. Your tailor came correct.
I love when tailor exceeds my expectation.
You always look beautiful and you make up is on point as usual!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I appreciate you so much for that!
www.funmiwrites.com

Eniwhere Fashion said...

Wow!!! You are a dream....so elegance!!! Kisses from Italy and thank you for your visit,
Eni

Eniwhere Fashion
Bloglovin of Eniwhere Fashion

Adela Acanski said...

Nice look!
I follow you #496 hope you follow me back

kisses Adela Acanski

Caro * said...

Gorgeous dress ! You are very elegant. Kisses :)