Thursday, November 05, 2015

Smoked purple

T’was a quiet Sunday afternoon. The kind that was devoid of activity. The silence of the day was deafening and the boredom was killing Chic Therapy. Though she had nowhere to go, she reached for the one thing that made her happy—makeup! She played gleefully in her pots of colors and shimmer, and cooked up quite a storm. Several moments later her face was all bright and warm with a smoked purple makeup look

Face
Foundation:LOrealTrueMatchLuminousFoundation in Nut Brown/Cocoa | Powder: #MacMineralizeSkinFinish in deep dark | Blush and highlighter:#Ellentracy bronzing trio. 
Eyes
Inner eyeshadow: Forever21 pink/gold baked eyeshadow |  Brown bone and crease: toofaced Natural matte palette | Purple and Black shade: #BHcosmetic 70s
Lips:
 LAGirlCosmetics matte liquid lipstick in in timelss Revlon UltraHDLipLacquer in Petalite

There are two sets of pictures in the post, and you may notice a difference between the two. The first three solo pictures were captured with my DSLR camera.These pictures  are more realistic and closely depict what the makeup and my skin really looked like at that point. The second set of picture (the last three & titled collage), were taken with my phone camera. My phone camera always blurs the skin, thus making it look extremely perfect.  

Hope you all liked this make up look. It's one of the few makeup looks that I love wholeheartedly . Please leave your comment below and let me know what you think. Enjoy the rest of the week.

12 comments:

Beauty said...

It's very beautiful; purple is my favorite color and I like the way you blended it.
Have a great weekend.

Blogoratti said...

Great sets of photos, greetings!

SincerelyMissJ said...

Purple looks great on you!

www.sincerelymissj.blogspot.ca

Machachu said...

Love your makeup! You look great xx

http://machachu.blogspot.com

Beauty Unearthly said...

Your make up is stunning! I love the purple color! xx

Dressed2dNines Blog said...

Love the purple eye coloring!

www.dressed2dnines.com

Caro * said...

Gorgeous makeup :)

Kreyola said...

I love how purple eye shadows look on darker skin tones. So pretty.

Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

Miss TLG said...

That eyeshadow is it for me too ..............

nedoux.com said...

Hahahaha! I loved reading the paragraph that introduced this post. "Though she had nowhere to go, she reached for the one thing that made her happy—makeup!" Lol :-)


You look so lovely. Yes, I noticed the difference between both sets of photographs. The eyeshadow really adds va-va-voom to the look.

Of the comely said...

I love the eye makeup. You look lovely. Were you able to read The Starside of Bird Hill?

Chic Therapy said...

Hi, I checked it out of the library, but I have not been able to dig into it yet.