Monday, October 12, 2015

Gingham, Plaid, and Flared Jeans


According to the fashion gods, flared jeans/wide-leg pants are fall 2015's biggest trend. And while every fashion outlet reinforced that this was a must-have item, I was not on board with the trend. In my opinion, flared jeans are not versatile like skinny jeans. One needs the right pair of shoes with the right heel height to make the look work. During the week I am a fuss-free dresser and outfits that require a lot of effort do not fit into my everyday wardrobe. However, two weeks ago I was window shopping when I came across a pair of flared jeans. I decided to try it just for the heck of it, and was pleasantly surprised at the perfection of the length and fit.

I was so excited by my new find that I rocked it to work the very next day. I gave it a rest the following day, but found myself reaching for it throughout the weekend. Below is how I rocked it two Sundays ago.


Lol
Jean: Primark|Purse:Kate Spade| Shirt: Marshalls| Jackett:Macy's



What do you guys think of this trend? Are you currently rocking flared jeans or will you be trying it out? 



13 comments:

Sing of Singature Style said...

Very nice Fall look.

Blogoratti said...

What a lovely look and hair.

Kreyola said...

Super lovely look. Can't wait to use my scarf again :D.

Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

The White List said...

Oh Naija! You look absolutely fantastic! Loving the whole look on you!

BukiBelle said...

I'm like you, flared trousers are not my thing. But you have definitely made me reconsider. I like this look on you very much!

Karolina Antosik said...

I like this trend , you look fantastic :-)

Marcia B. said...

so refreshing to see flared jeans!

Kim Alston said...

Those look great on you and I love the print mix!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Caro * said...

Beautiful shirt and I really love your pants :)

nedoux.com said...

Hello,

You look lovely.

I like how you tucked in the top of your shirt into the jeans. Flared jeans don't look too flattering on me, I feel like the make my legs seem shorter.

Gingham always brings back memories of my boarding school days. :-)

Caramella said...

You look so pretty! Lovely outfit!

JOURNAL OF STYLE said...

Love how you styled them, Naija! Super flattering jeans and perfect find.

JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

Titilola Sogunro said...

I love the trend, I need to pick one up too, lol love ur shirt.Titi'sPassion