Wednesday, September 09, 2015

The tale of the JCrew Shorts

I was window shopping a few months when I came across this pair of jacquard print short at Jcrew. I immediately fell in love with the color --Neon Persimmon, the big pockets, and the structured silhouette. I instinctively grabbed a size 10 and went home with my new find.

As much as I love clothes, I am very frugal, and spending almost $70 on a pair of shorts does not in anyway fit into my budget. So I convinced myself that the I did not need the shorts and I took it back for a refund. 

A few weeks later, I went to my pharmacy which happened to be in a mall, and I decided to stop at JCrew to just "browse" (yeah, like that ever works). Lo and behold, the shorts were on sale for $20! At the register, there was a further discount and I paid a total of $12.49!! At that point, I knew the fashion gods were smiling down at me and wanted me to have the shorts. 

 Below is how I rocked it to a cook out the very next day.


I have no idea what I was doing here
It also comes in a faux wrap skirt style.
Happy humpday chicas!

7 comments:

Wilfried said...

The fashion gods were really with. It's a really pretty story just like your shorts. I used to have a green J Crew short. Was wearing it all the time till the colour finally faded away. Hahaha

Isa Machado said...

You look fantastic dear! :)

Isa M., Tic Tac Living

Abdelkhalek Benrahho said...

you look amazing
happy weekend

http://abdelkhalekleblog.blogspot.com/

Ngozi M said...

Score!!!! Now that's the kind of deal I love. Nice shorts!

Tijana Momcilovic said...

great post, kisses!

http://itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

JOURNAL OF STYLE said...

Haha! Lovely pic #4, I'm doing the same all the time when shooting... LOL Also know what you mean with spending too much on clothes, Naija! The fashion gods were definitely smiling at your at that time. Here's to more! ;)
Have a fab weekend, lovely!

xoxo Ira
JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

Caro * said...

Fabulous style beauty ! Your shorts are perfect !
Kisses and have a lovely Sunday :)