Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Nude Lips: Revlon Mink & Supernatural

I love my pink and red lipsticks, but sometimes, a girl just wants to rock an extra subtle lip color. I have searched high and low and I tell ya, finding nude lipstick for dark skin is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Then recently, I saw a picture of my friend and fellow blogger Fab Coco Berry rocking the perfect nude lip color. Coco Berry and I have similar skin tones,and I thought I'd try the Revlon "Mink" lipstick and "supernatural" lip gloss she was rocking in the picture. Finding supernatural was a breeze, but it took 4 store trips to find Mink (plus I was fortunate to snag the last one on the shelf). 
Until now, my everyday lip color has been Revlon's crystal lilac, but I love, love these nude colors and they are fast becoming my favorite.



Face: Mac NW45 concealer, Revlon Cappuccino foundation, Mac Studio fix power,Mac Ambering Rose blush| Eyes: Loreal lengthening mascara,Elf eye liner, Lisi eyeshadow in Hawaiian blue|Lips: Revlon "Mink" lipstick & Revlon's "supernatural" lip gloss.

My friend & blogger who introduced me to these lovely lip colors 



me again!
            
          Can you guys believe it's Christmas tomorrow? 

Happy holidays chicas!

16 comments:

Sing of Singature Style said...

Really nice neutral.

WildBerrieBunch said...

Aww!!! Yay to the mink!!! You look cute boo.

uchenna Ezeonyeka said...

it looks very natural.
you and your friend look beautiful.
merry Christmas.

Chari D said...

VERY NICE! I've given up on finding a nude that looks nice on me! I've stuck to purples and reds. I'll give this a try. Thanks!

Anthea Lau said...

gorgeous make up! love that stunning blue eyeliner it's such a bright colour!

Check out my outfit post featuring Breaking Rocks Clothing :)
ALxx
RASSP blog

Chic Therapy said...

@ Chari D, let me know what you think!

ciaa said...

Beautiful makeup.

JustPorsh said...

Beautiful!

Confessions Of A City Girl said...

Love! I have a really great nude from MAC call creme lustre (I think) and it's gorg on my dark skin. You should check it out. I love the blue shadow too...

~Sherine
Confessions Of A City Girl

bUITI said...

Lovely www.fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

Paola Lauretano said...

Amazing!!!
Would you like to follow each other on GFC and FB?
Let me know... I will follow you back!!!
http://expressyourselfbypaolalauretano.blogspot.it

Brittany said...

Yessssss! I really appreciate the brown girl nude lip and it looks great on you! I will definitely be checking out Revlon :)

thatsmychic.blogspot.com

Jennifer from Spiced Beauty said...

Mink is one of my faves!

Miz Flow said...

It looks great on you! I'm also nw45/revlon cappuccino and i bought both products. It came out looking darker on my lip...a "between medium brown and medium-dark brown with a bit of red mixed in". it didn't have that "nude" look like yours did in the above photo. Maybe the colour of my lip changed the colour...maybe the colour compositions are different in canada..? I'll try it with a lip primer next time and see what happens! Xo

Miz Flow said...

Update: I tried it again with a lip primer (I've tried with lip primers made by MAC and also Cargo cosmetics) and I LOVED it! It is now my "everyday" lipstick. When used with primer, the staying power ain't so bad either! So glad I bought the lipstick and gloss..it looks great! Thank you!
xoxo

Chic Therapy said...

Yay!so glad it worked out for you.