Friday, April 05, 2013

SINDISO KHUMALO: SS 13

I recently came across the Spring/summer 2013 collection of Sindiso Khumalo,a South Afrcian textile designer based in London. Sindiso, who describes her aesthetic as “Afro Bauhaus gone Pop",  was shortlisted for the Elle Magazine Rising Star Competition.  Subtlety infusing her African heritage in the designs, the SS13 collection features geometric shapes and bold colors.Taking a minimal approach, this collection boasts of clean and refined pieces.This collection is so practical and I love the wearability of each piece.









I absolutely love this collection. Kinda "Solange-esque", don't ya think?

For more on the designer visit her website  &  Facebook page

9 comments:

ciaa said...

I love this lookbook and like you say it has the Solange-esque feeling to it. I must introduce this designer on Ciaafrique.

Chic Therapy said...

@ Ciaa, please do! #promotingAfricanDesigners!

Sing of Singature Style said...

Very Solange like. I love it.

Fashion Pad said...

I love the color palette and those printed pants are my favs!

La x sacha said...

Hey dear,
This is such a beautiful collection.
I love every piece of it!
Nice blog!
xx

Fifth N Sixth Closet said...

I love her collection, its very cool, chic, & effortless..I totally agree with signature of style that its very Solange like..

Tata Mo said...

ooh it's so georgeous!
I like the pattern..

the South African fashion trends are my favourite!

laizalounge.com said...

I love love this look book. Thanks for sharing :)

More Than One Love said...

Love this collection!