Monday, April 09, 2012

My Neon Yellow Satchel


I had been dying to get my hands on a neon yellow satchel but was uwilling to cough up $200 for the Cambridge satchel i wanted (See post here). Then this past Tuesday, i walked into target and behold, i saw a satchel in the color i'd always wanted. With just two of the satchels left on the rack,I instinctively grabbed one and ran off to pay for it. 

The target version is made by Mondani and does not in anyway match up to the quality of the Cambridge satchel. The Cambridge satchel has a rigid structure and you can immediately tell it is made of high quality materials. The target satchel is much softer in texture and i had to stuff the front pocket to give it some structure.I love the color, the adjustable strap and the inside pockets.It is a good size and it adequately houses everything i carry in my everyday bag. The bag cost only $24.99 and i am loving it.

Source                                                                                           Source 



My satchel and I on Saturday.
Polka dot & neon yellow shoe clip by Chic Therapy Accessories(this is sold out at the moment but there are other colors and designs)
I seem to blend well with the background
I thought the window display was a bit creepy.The teddy bear heads look so sad :-(
I just bought myself a body form so i was pretty excited when i saw one outside a store

There was some costume convention going on

The church of Christ,Science  is such an amazing structure
A

I looked a big mess after getting my hair  wet.It was fun though

Fooling around
I loved the jewel toned colors on the duck's face
Bag:Target,Flats:Brass Plum via Nordstrom,Shoeclip: Chic Therapy Accessories ,Pants: TJ Max or Marshals, Jacket:Via Spiga via Lord & Taylor, Blouse: F21,Pins & Badges: Chic Therapy ,Uncultured Persons & Autism Speaks



That's all folks, have a fantastic week.

36 comments:

Oluyemisi Olotu said...

omg, when i saw that bag in target i actually thought of you.

The White List said...

Brilliant! Looks like you had a fantastic day! Loving the colour and the satchel!

MELISSA said...

Fab look, luv that u paired the bag w/blue and those flats are amazing

Chic Therapy said...

lol Yemisi, so funny you thought of me.

Missy Tee's said...

Luvs it!

Ciaa said...

I love this bag so much . I saw a pictures a similar bag in old navy and they were out of stock . uhmmm I wish we had target where i live.

toyin said...

great pics...looks like you had a fab day!

A Stylized Hysteria said...

You look like so much fun to hang out with! I love the Target bag!

Laizalounge.com said...

I love! OMG! you're making me miss bostonnnnn! I wish i could find myself in newbury street right now,lol. :)

Kasidy said...

Such a great bag! Love the pop of yellow with the blue! Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

TheFreshFactorGC.com

High Heels & Good Meals! said...

Wow! These colors look amazing together! Looks like you were having some fun!

Yajaira said...

Loving Neon for spring

Check out my GIVEAWAY - http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/2012/04/200-followers-giveaway.html

yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com

LA Lynn's said...

I've seen this bag and it looks great! The pictures are awesome!

Beatrice Balaj said...

My friend has that bag and it's so adorable! I really like how you paired the bag with the electric blue pants.
Love the photos, you're so silly :)


Xo,
http://www.sacosha.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacosha/345690695469219

Baby Budget Blog said...

Really thinking of getting a satchel in that neon yellow color! It really is a cool color and perfect with your blue pants!


www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

Fashion Pad said...

I may have to stop at Target tomorrow!!! Loving that bag and I'm sure the price is right ;-) Love the shoe clips too!

Skinny said...

LOVE that bag and the color looks great!!

Ashley said...

loved that neon satchel ! i have a pink one similar too it. your photos are amazing !!!

isaidiwasamazing.blogspot.com

Rach said...

love the target neon satchel! such a fun item!

www.sugarfilledcloset.com

Hyperfashun said...

its a nice bag. you look lovely. Are you doing the suo dance at that fountain? lol

dosh said...

lol @ you dancing in the fountain. The pictures are beautiful and that's one pretty purse!

simplychic said...

awww man...these pictures are making me miss boston and even that creepy window display. the outfits are cute tho and so is yours! that bright bag is perfect with this look. i'm glad you were able to find something similar to what you were looking for.

xoxo Kellz* said...

I love it more....especially since I got it!:)

Nikki (Mavens and Muses) said...

Love the vivid punch of neon!

xoxo Kellz* said...

ohhhh Im just letting you know I stole ure top bag picture its too awesome N i might steal some pics of ure ballet flats too....ugh I love ure blog freaking awesome!!

Fashion-isha said...

OMG I'm so happy for your that you found what you wanted for cheap!! It looks amazing on you!
xo
Sharon

Fashion Rehab said...

They actually look similar from the pictures. The only way one can tell the difference is after they read your post.


Fashion Rehab

IntoxicatingVixen said...

lol I'm looking at the pictures and I'm like "this place looks familiar"....gooooo boston!

Coco said...

I love that neon satchel bag and your flats as well!

Southerners from the North said...

love the satchel. its an amazing copy. and those are the weeping angels from dr who! *geeks out* haha - lola x

Sevan said...

great find!

http://sevenautumnleaves.blogspot.com.au/

Mrs. T. Mac. said...

I have been going back and forth with getting it...You make me really want it now! lol. I love how you styled it and I LOVE that last pic! :)

~Tavia
www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

Krisbliss said...

These photos make me nostalgic for Boston :((( I'm jealous! LOL

-Kris

www.thekrisbliss.com

Ag said...

I want that Cambridge satchel as well! I am gonna cough up the money eventually (dreams the bag will go on sale, unlikely). I wish I would have seen this post when I was still in the states I would have gotten the target version!!! It is cute!!!

Tiffany said...

omg i want the cambridge satchel so bad!

Moya2bean said...

I need that satchel...
You have the same style as me and I have never even met you! Oh my lord! LOL! You look amazing!

chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com