Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Thrifted Mustard Yellow Skirt

I got this skirt early in the summer from a thrift/consignment store.I was attracted to the mustard yellow color and the design on it.I have no doubt that this skirt was made by an African tailor. The seam, elastic band and the round details, is reminiscence of a Nigerian tailor's work.The fabric used is brocade, and this was very popular in making similar styles in the early 90's. I am also guessing this skirt was part of a 'skirt & blouse' set.I could have sworn my Mom's tailor, Brother Rasak(from back in the days) made this.:-)

Anyway weather was great yesterday and i decided to give this skirt a try.Though not loving the ensemble,still thought i'd share with you guys.




Dunno what my hand was doing up there! lol
Yellow Bow from Chic Therapy.

BTW, I cut 6 inches of my hair last week (dont even ask me why) :-(. Hopefully it will grow back soon.

Enjoy the rest of the week Chicas.

xoxo

Chic Therapy

28 comments:

♥ StylisHedForeVer said...

Aww you're too cute!

Freshly Fatshionable said...

Girl, i love this headband...stunning. you look like a picture of summer. lol

Arewa said...

cute ;-)

Nic said...

this whole outfit is really cute. i love the detailing on the skirt; GREAT FIND!! :-)

~nic

Kemi G said...

love it :) love your hair!!!

~~~Jibby West~~~ said...

Very cute outfit!!!

midemaps said...

I love.....yellow looks fab on you

Fashion Pad said...

You are really inspiring me to go thrifting more. I've been so lazy and this online shopping thing takes away from the excitement of running up on a really unique piece and realizing it's super affordable. Lovely outfit and style ;-)

Ms zee said...

Its the ensemble that you hate that just looks so perfect :) I love love love it and your hair will grow you know that now :) I want that skirt, totally o

Ivonne said...

So cute! Love mustard yellow :)

www.IvonneStacyStyle.com

Sing said...

Beautiful skirt, love yellow on you.

Natasha said...

U look adorable and i love that color!

'Tia said...

YOU LOOK MARVELOUS!!!

www.fatandfierce.com

Baby Budget Blog said...

Love the yellow!

www.plentyforpennies.com

Lola X said...

Love your hair!!! And the bow looks fab!!! Cute!!! xoxo

pearlspeeptoespretty said...

LOL @ Bro. Rasak! Yellow is one of my favorite colors. Looks comfy and summery!

Anonymous said...

i love the whole combinasion , i want all please....

HoneyDame said...

Pretty pretty pretty.. the whole combo looks simple and very fitting

Onyinye FaFi Obi said...

Aww! I love it,boo!
So cute! Your hair is so gorge!
<3

NikkiSho said...

The yellow is so pretty....too cute!!

Inez said...

Cute yellow bow. Love the African skirt.

Nnenna said...

What a beautiful skirt and I love your big yellow bow as well! =)

star-crossed smile

Wilfried Corine said...

So amazing, love that mustard color! And your african material skirt is really pretty as well as the bow.
xoxo dear.

laseulewilfried.blogspot.com

Missy Cheeks said...

yeah this a skirt from Africa,we use this type of clothes :)
I like this mix in this look!!kisses

kmbrooks said...

Omg the lemon slices! I didn't notice that from the avi pic via twitter! Too cute! That was a great thrift find! And love the bow too! So pretty girlie!

-Kris

http://thekrisbliss.blogspot.com

Bridgette said...

Radiant! The color looks great on you. This skirt is amazing!

http://whichmewillibetoday.wordpress.com

simplychic said...

this is sooooo beautiful. yellow is a brown girls best friend :)

Ciaa said...

i really like the skirt . Beautiful look