Monday, July 25, 2011

Laiza Lounge

Hey people, today we have Laiza, the brain behind the fab blog Laiza Lounge. Laiza recently launched her blog and i decided to sit with do an email interview with the very stylish blogger to see what got her into blogging and what her blog is all about. Enjoy! 

Why did you start a blog?
I started LaizaLounge to express myself through the things that inspire me, and also areas that i am passionate about. In addition to this, i plan to inspire people all over the world to believe in themselves (this could be even through their personal styles), find their passion/purpose, and achieve/live a purpose-driven life.

What is your blog about?

My blog is about ME! It really is about fashion, styling, art&design, lifestyle and inspiration. The inspiration part has a lot attached to it. From education, community/international development (which is the area i am really passionate about), motivational speaking and so on. I will be showing works and interviewing people that are positively changing lives around the world and also other industry folks. Lets just say- Fashion meets philanthropy and inspiration.


What are your future goals for Laiza's Lounge?
Even though i just started, i see LaizaLounge as more than a blog in future. For that, i will keep you posted.

What inspires you?
Good questions! Hmmm! Because i have come to appreciate life at this point, life inspires me. Once there is life, there is hope! So having hope, faith, God, wonderful friends, family, thinking about the great opportunities still ahead of me and doing what i love definitely keeps me moving and inspires me. Also, knowing that i was made to give life and inspire people in different ways, no matter how small, even by just letting them know that they have wonderful potentials in them.
One quote i go by that keeps me on track is: "To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

What is your style? I don't have a specific style. Sometimes, i try new things and it works. But i keep it chic and classy. Whatever i wear, it blends with my personality and i wear it with confidence. I think that's what matters most about personal style.
What fashion item can you not do without?
Hahaha! My handbag. That's one fashion item i cant do without, because i can chip in other fashion items in it :)

For more of laiza check out her blog Laiza Lounge



16 comments:

Cs1993 said...

Hello dear,
I love all these photos, i think that mutation of styles is the perfect combination for my days, so i like it all :DD
C s 1 9 9 3

Sia said...

Great post! Her style is very girlie and fresh. Love Sia xoxo

NikkiSho said...

Lovely pictures of her.

Marcia B. said...

I love her style!

isFresherFash said...

Love her style! Thanks for the reference!!
xoxoxo Sophia

Muse Origins said...

Great questions. She seems really interesting. Didn't know about her blog before, will def check it out

Adiya
Muse Origins (Creative Nigerian Features)
Muse Origins

Anne said...

will deffo check out her blog, I love finding new interesting people to read!

Fashion Means Everything said...

OHHH my god
You are incredibly beautiful
and I love your style
you're too beautiful braids

Mani said...

She has an amazing style and I'll def check out her blog!


hugs and kisses by Mani.

agnes said...

je ne connaissais pas son blog, et je vais y aller faire un tour
J'aime beaucoup son style

chloe said...

Thanks for commenting. Follow & stay tuned lovely x

t said...

Great post!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Full Figured Diva said...

Great feature! Love her style!

Myeshia

Empress said...

loved the last outfit, so easy and chic. Laiza exudes such a powerful confidence love it!

shanny

Kerissa said...

I'm always looking for new blogs that are fresh. I'll stop by and peek in.

stephanie aggreyfynn said...

Clas+unique=laiza