Thursday, June 30, 2011

Recycling:Bridesmaid Edition

You know how it is when you are a bridesmaid, and the bride says "You can totally wear the dress again" but in reality, you know the only event you'd wear it to is a Halloween princess costume party. Well, I was a bridesmaid April this year and i was determined not to let the dress join the league of bridesmaid dresses at the back of my closet.

The picture quality is not the best, but still thought i'd share.
The original dress
Btw, i caught the bouquet ( i usually always catch it *hides face in shame*)



So, i detached the top and voila i had a trumpet/mermaid skirt.I paired it with a lace top i got from Charlotte Russe and cinched the waist with a scarf from Filenes Basement. Apart from the fact that someone spilled oily food on the mermaid part of the skirt, i had fun re rocking my dress.



Enjoy the rest of your week Chicas and dont forget to vote for me(Best Fashion/Style Blog category) at Nigerian Blog award.

31 comments:

Fashion Rehab said...

Great use of the dress. What you did with after is lovely. nice!



Fashion Rehab

ChiccaStyle said...

WOW,stunning dress!!!You look absolutely amazing!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Temi ♥ said...

I am sooooooooo impressed with the way you customised the dress. Looks gorgeous both ways. I`m a bridesmaid this summer (*sigh*) and i am not a fan of my dress, so thanks for your great idea, cos i might be doing a similar thing.

p.s sorry about the v.long comment..lol

http://daydreamsofaneverendingcloset.blogspot.com/

Fashion Guru said...

what an amazing transformation. i love it.

9jaFOODie said...

Smart transformation!

Sing said...

Clever. I hate when I can't reuse a bridesmaid dress after spending so much money.

Inez of Style Chic....360 said...

Very nice before, even better after!

LA Lynn's said...

Alright then... get your money worth!!! Me LIKEY!!!!

isFresherFash said...

Fine gal!! Very nice way of reinventing the dress.. Keep up the great work honey!!

H said...

Impressive

Titi's Passion said...

Very creative! Love the way you rerawked the look and you looked fly!

Fab junkies said...

Great idea, a dress becomes a skirt.
www.fabuloucityjunkies.com

Ashley said...

Good idea. My friends & I were talking about how to do this...

Myne Whitman said...

The dress looks great, and the skirt too. Love the poses in the first two pics.

Tinu said...

I love what you did with it!! inspirational so to speak.

Emeka Amakeze said...

Nice work! It really looks good on you!

Nma said...

I like what you did with the dress, very creative.

The Corner Shop said...

Ooooh!! Awesome! This skirt is a great idea :D

Adiya

Sia said...

That is such a great idea!! You look FAB. Love Sia x

Yankeenaijababe said...

Great tips, I should give it a try soon, wow! love it.

Ag said...

You should make the top a blouse as well. That is what I used to do with my old trad and even vintage dresses!

Sisi Yemmie ™ said...

i like what you did with the dress!!!

Dee O. said...

Really great idea!!!

That GOOD GOOD Blog

J'Adore Fashion said...

Great use of the dress--nice!

xoxo
Stella

http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

Beautiful Sundays said...

nice transformation

NRC♥ said...

Lovely, well done!

yemstix said...

great job

Krisbliss said...

Such a great idea, you look great! Off to vote for your right now! Congrats!

-Kris

http://thekrisbliss.blogspot.com

MsJB said...

Now you did a great job with transforming that dress. I usually take a lot of pictures on the day and just make up my mind to dump the dress afterwards :)
I voted for you already. I hope you win xxx

Zarna said...

you did a great job transforming your gown! looks great!

DeBisi said...

very pretty!!! <3