Thursday, April 07, 2011

The color of Denim


YAY!!It seems like colored denim which was a big trend in the early 90s is back again. They have popped up on runways and celebs have been spotted in them.Worn the right way, colored denim will add instant va va voom to your look. They look great with neutals and you can't go wrong pairing them together. If however, you are color crazed like me, go ahead and rock your bold denim with other bright colors.

 I was inspired to do this post when i saw one half of the blogging duo at Style by Queens looking fab and chic in a pair of green jeans.Loves that she accented the jeans with the bright orange scarf.

Just like SBQ above, Ana Kendrick rocks the green jeans to perfection.
The ever stylish Rachel B wears denim in maroon.
Cobalt blue gives that perfect pop of color
Natalie looks good in it but dont think i'll be spotted in orange anytime soon.
Jessica Alba and one of the twins from Nina Sky looking fab in hues of purple.
(Check me out in my purple denim here)
Mustard is hot and even the guys are rocking it.
Sarah JP rocks her red jeans amidst a multitude of colors. Rachel B goes the other route and balances it with neutrals.
Celebs rock yellow as far back as 2008

I love pastel colors, and denim sure looks good in these sweet hues.




My next colored denim destination is yellow then maybe green! What do you think of the colored jeans trend? Will you be rocking it?

Photo Credit: Denim Blog, Fashion bomb,clothesofourback ,osoblog, littlemissmomma, StylebyQueens , Singer22, Neutrakris

                                                   I am on Twitter.Click to follow me

35 comments:

Rhoda a.k.a xMiss-Charmingx said...

Oh yes they are back in bussiness. I used to own a lovely blue one, dut then my doctor cut it into pieces ( literally ) due to an accident.

I'm going to get myself a pair in turquiose and or red:)

Stylifiq said...

Cool pants you got there. definitely gona indulge in colored denim now
Style by Stylifiq

NikkiSho said...

Loving all the colors and looks.Will def be going out to get one or two.red and blue/green :D

PearlsandPeepToes said...

Hmm. I'm afraid of colored denim! However, I am open to trying on a pair. We'll see :-) everyone else looks great in them...loving Jada in the yellow.

9jaFOODie said...

Colorrrrrrssssss.....So pretty. I think the only colored pants I have r purple. I shld take get more creative.

Baby Budget Blog said...

Hmmm...really loving this colored denim trend. May have to jump on the bandwagon :)

www.plentyforpennies.com

Notes On Autumn Leaves said...

They actually look pretty stylish but I am afraid whether or not I could pull it off.

Sing said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm on the lookout for colored denim and slacks.

simplychic said...

i'm all about it! seems like trends resurface much more quickly these days. i still have my turquoise jeans i was rocking all throughout college...

Sia said...

I'm very excited to break out my coloured denim I've bought for summer. Its such a quick and easy way to add colour to an outfit. I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the way you rocked yours, I'm inspired! P.S thank you very much for the fellow, I really was not expecting it. Love Sia x

Zarna said...

i love bright colored jeans! such a great look!

Jewellery Bijou said...

Beutiful!
have a lovely weekend!
Dorota
www.jewellerybijou.com

The Corner Shop said...

I didn't like colored denims at first. Now i've changed my mind

Adiya

ChiccaStyle said...

Love colorblocking!!!It's on a great trend right now!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Tiffany said...

love the colored pants!

Kerissa said...

This is the second blog post today I've read about colored denim returning. I'm on board. This isn't the same but GAP made beautiful colored khakis a few years back. I'll check them out for this trend. The colors were so pigmented and never bled. Plus I live in South Florida so I can wear them year round :))

Karima said...

This outfit is soo cute! i love your blog.

Dee O. said...

A few years ago it seemed like EVERYONE was wearing them lol. I never got a chance to buy some so may be I will this time around, I'm really feeling the last 3 photos :)

That GOOD GOOD Blog

J'Adore Fashion said...

Love the post..love colored denim--I am a tiny bit obsessed with Zara's pairs.

xoxo
Stella

http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

ChicLeVogue said...

Gosh this brings back so so so so many memories.

Titi's Passion said...

I like the mustard and the pink colored jeans. Love this trend!

Onyinye FaFi Obi said...

yaay.. they are back..!!
might cop a pair for myself.
:)

www.fashionphoenix06.blogspot.com

T.A. said...

LOVE your outfit, super cute green pants with the perfect white button up to match... <3

Follow me,
hurnrningbird.blogspot.com/

TamStyles said...

they are cute...i love em...just not sure i am ready yet..but love seeing them on everyone else..GET IT GIRL!!!!!!!

ABIGAIL NY said...

Really loving this trend, especially Cameron Diaz color denim!

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

J'Adore Fashion said...

Love the green, yellow, orange... love them all :)

PS: Thanks for the sweet comment

xoxo
Stella

http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

Nika said...

love love your blog and love your outfit, the sheer top is the business!


www.iriechic.com

Krisbliss said...

I'm a fan! I plan to be rocking this in the summer as well! It's a great look, because they can be dressed up or down!

-Kris

http://thekrisbliss.blogspot.com

Ms Afropolitan said...

bring on this colourful summer :) nice!

Chic Therapy said...

Hullo Chicas, some of you seem to think the girl in the first picture is me.She is gorgy but definitely not me.That is Tobi from http://stylebyqueens.co.uk/ blog.Check out her blog!

NRC said...

I want a nice green pair!!

EUQINOM-SEVEN said...

wow i love this post i am in love with the green jeans great blog!!

please feel free to check out my blog....
... http://euqinom7.blogspot.com/
xoxo

Skinny Hipster... said...

Loving the colors!!

Skinny Hipster... said...

Loving the colors!!

Like Mousse Au Choco said...

i love your blouse