Friday, March 04, 2011

Hair Crush

Lately,I have been putting a lot of effort into caring for my natural hair.I have found a hair care regiment that works for me and i am going to stick to it. My regiment consists of detangling with Cantu conditioner & water (see method here).After detangling, i wash my hair with Cantu Shampoo and thereafter, deep condition. To deep condition my hair ,i use Shea butter, Avocado & coconut milk (blended together by moi).I apply it to my hair the way you would a relaxer.I let it sit in my hair with a plastic cap over it. After an hour i wash it off with just water. My hair loves this treatment, it makes it really soft and leaves it feeling very moisturized.I towel dry it and use Cantu hair moisturizer, Cantu strengthening cream and shea butter(to seal in the moisture)and then i style as desired.

Per styling, I prefer to have it in curls and I usually achieve this by doing two strand twists or bantu knots .The curls usually last 3-4 days.

Bantu knots give my hair more volume.

Results after very loose two strand twists


I am really hoping for healthy & long hair and maybe if I keep up with this regiment, I can have gorgeous hair like these ladies.

(btw, I am not in anyway endorsing Cantu hair products, they just work really well for me)

Have a great weekend ladies!See ya on Monday.
xoxo
Chic Therapy





23 comments:

Ciaa said...

Recently cut all my hair ,trying to go natural its a journey . love this post!!!!!!

PearlsandPeepToes said...

Your hair looks healthy! I'm proud of you :-)

aloted said...

Is that TY Bello's real hair...amazing!

well done with your hair. need to get on the programme! good hair treatment

~L~ of Avid Accents said...

i looooooove Cantu. plus it is reasonably priced!

Funmi said...

wow...the first pic of ur hair had me jealous...im def crushing on ur hair now.lol. I love the volume and thickness!

Stylifiq said...

I'm having problems with my hair. Im thinking of getting a short hair cut.
Your hair looks fab

9jaFOODie said...

your hair looks superb!!
the 3rd picture is my dream hair! it's quiet ridiculous the stupendous things I have put my hair through in the past 4 years. made a stupid decision of color + relaxer in the same week early 08. lost all of my back hair, like ALL!...went natural in late 08/09. then I relaxed again. SMH...cut everything off in summer 2010 and now I am really trying to grow a fro :D, I have been using Doogrow products for a while and it works great. I just started using Dr-Miracle temple n nape for my front hair, nothing dramatic yet. fingers crossed.
anyways, that was a very long rant. I am very interested in natural care tips.KEEP IT COMING!

Chic Therapy said...

Thanks Chicas

Myne Whitman said...

Your hair looks great already, I love that first pic of you...

Sweet said...

really refreshing posts...i always wanted to experiment more with my hair but sad to say I have limited resources and does not have the talent to do it...

good for you...I love the fierceness of the styles...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

Stella Kodi said...

Go girl...i've been doing quite a bit of hair transformation...I like your regiment...and nice selection of natural hair inspiration.

Fabi said...

wow, really useful post, love it!!!
follow you darling:)
xx

Titi's Passion said...

Your hair is pretty and good job on maintaining it, since its natural I know its not so easy. I love TY Bello's hair, I want it!! Love your blog btw:)

Ms zee said...

Love it ma you have come a long way, I love love love it :) hummm maybe I should try Cantu cos Banks told me it does wonders but I am very very comfy where I am at now :) we'll see .

Marcia B. said...

I love this post, i need to start a hair care regimen to really keep my hair healthy, so many challenges!!!

Rhoda a.k.a xMiss-Charmingx said...

Natural ahir is the norm. Glad to see a sister taking pride in her hair.

Ms Afropolitan said...

your hair's beautiful like these ladies already!

The Corner Shop said...

Your hair looks great!!! I think i'll keep to braids and weaveons cause natural hair is SO MUCH WORK whew!

Adiya

Krisbliss said...

Yes girl, keep up the hair care regimen, and you won't be disappointed in your results! Cantu Shea Butter doesn't work well with my hair :(( but I do like the smell of it! I just started a new product I'm loving, but I won't reveal or recommend until I've tried it a few times haha.

-Kris

http://thekrisbliss.blogspot.com

Damola♥House38 said...

And this right here, makes me want to go natural. I'm just so scared of all the work it'll take to manage my already very thick hair.

Vickii said...

Hey! Long time! You're natural? That's great - there seem to be a lot of people going natural these days. I'm thinking of trying natural again (curly permed my hair two years ago after being natural for about two years) but I'm going to transition for a long time!!

Your hair looks great so please do the occasional hair post :)

Chic Therapy said...

Hi Vickii, yes i have been natural for 2 years but i was always hiding it in weaves.

DaBlackSjp said...

Nice post! BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL <3

http://dablacksjp.blogspot.com