Monday, February 28, 2011

Trends at the Oscars


Apart from the recognition of talent,awards shows bring with them fashion,trends and style.The 83rd Academy Awards was no different as there were lots of trends to behold.From lace to shimmers to chiffon and even feathers most of the stars looked amazing .I had a tough time picking out favorites but these are the looks i absolutely .
Mandy Moore looked divine in this Monique Lhuillier number.  Opting for no jewelry was a good idea as the dress had the right amount of sparkles and shimmer. 




Sandra Bullock looked every inch the diva that she is, in this gorgeous Vera Wang dress.
Hilary Swank looked gorgy in Gucci Premiere couture.She definitely worked the feathered look.


This Charles James dress from Lily et Cie got lots of bad reviews on twitter.Although i would have prefered it in a different color, i think Marissa Tomei looked absolutely fab in it.


Camille Alves glamed up the red carpet in a black Kaufman Franco dress.

J Hud looked gorgeous in this lovely shade of orange.Apart from the cleavage which looked somewhat odd, she worked her new slim figure in this Atelier Versace Spring 2008 dress.


Add caption

Halle B was breathtaking in this crsytal encrusted Marchesa gown.

Mila Kunis was my favorite of the night.She looked A.M.A.Z.I.N.G in this lavender Elie Saab gown.Lace detailing and chiffon never looked so good.







What do you guys think?Which looks worked for you?


I am live on twitter.Follow me @ ChicTherapy1.Thank you :-)

PhotoCredit:Just Jared, Huffington Post,sawfnew

12 comments:

midemaps said...

Red looks awesome on Sandra

NikkiSho said...

i like all the looks but my fav is halle berry

Mbabazi said...

lovely picks. J hud looks smoking hot but her cleavage is always looking sloppy.thats what happens when you lose allot of weight .me loves mila Kunis dress http://mbabaziannet.blogspot.com/

Damola♥House38 said...

My top 3 dresses were Mila Kunis in Elie Saab, Cate Blanchett in Givenchy
and Florence Welch in Valentine.
Most of them looked gorgeous though...
x.x.

The Corner Shop said...

Oh wow! They all look so lovely!!! Love the very first gown best

i missed the Oscars! :'(

Adiya

pbchic said...

I love red carpet looks..even Mandy looks so sophisticated and grown up. I hate the cleavage on JHud though she looks banging overall.

Gbemisoke said...

At this rate, JHud'll soon disappear oh! That's just me being jealous ;o)... She's my fav and I agree she would've looked better without the "odd looking" cleavage...sad that major weightloss has that downside. I love the colour! She doesn't have to stick to black anymore. *now seriously considering joining weightwatchers*

www.gbemisoke.blogspot.com

Ciaa said...

I think Mandy Moore dress was just fabulous. I love Jhud look as well but not the cleavage.

simplychic said...

i thought michelle williams was flawless! from the hair to the makeup and that amazing dress, i think she's my best dressed pick.

Nava said...

My absolute favorite was Mila she looked Beautiful. I also loved Ms Celine Dion's Armani Prive and Gwyneth Paltro's Calvin Klein. A lot of shimmer/sparkle done right

Ag said...

I love that black Kaufman Franco dress!!! OMG!!! I just might get that made!

Yankeenaijababe said...

I love Jenifer Hudson look...wow, nice shade of orange for a pretty lady..Happy weekend girl