Wednesday, November 03, 2010

All things Ituen Basi

There are lots of fabulous Nigerian designers, but none of them makes my heart flutter the way Ituen Basi does. I literally get high with delight anytime i come across her pieces. I love the creative way with which she works with ankara fabric and i adore the vibrant hues that usually characterize her collections. Ituen really does stretch the use of the ankara fabric and you can find in her collection; bangles, necklaces (which i featured here), hair accessories, dolls and even throw pillows. Oh, how I do love all things Ituen Basi.

Here is a collection of her work over the years.































































































16 comments:

My Bestfriend's Little Sister(MBLS) said...

Nice, but I wish he'd use less Ankara. I'm seeing too much of it from designers from the continent.

Sharda said...

The colourful dresses and accesoires look pretty cool;)

Adiya said...

Oh wow! You're right. I've never even heard of her :o

Love her combination and the jewelry!

~L~ of Avid Accents said...

oh my goodness! i want those bangles. Love the different colors on these prints.

~L~
My Style Blog

Ms zee said...

As always she can do no wrong! I love love love it :)

pearlsandpeeptoes said...

Ankara throw pillows? SOLD!

Ife' said...

Oooh, I want that JUMPER!!!! and the necklaces are divine!

Sing said...

Beautiful fabrics and colors. And I love your new blog layout and banner.

http://singaturestyle.blogspot.com/

Savvy Gal said...

love all the prints.

20 York Street said...

She's soo unafraid to use colours, I love the entire collection!



besos,

Win a Yola Couture Designer Dress at:

20 YORK STREET

Monroe Steele said...

lovely. thanks so much for sharing

xoxo Monroe

fashionsteelenyc.blogspot.com

CMA said...

this is awesome!
thanks so much for your comment, you know i'll be back here again for sure!

-COSMICaroline
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

ching said...

ituen basi..wow, i've never heard of her until now. i think im loving her already. thanks for sharing.

Chic Therapy said...

@ all Isnt she something.
@ MBLS, i agree with you.Ankara has always been part of our culture but since it made it to mainstream it has become trendy. What happens when it is no longer the trend?Will Nigerians/Africans altogether stop wearing it?I hope Ituen Basi starts to shift from Ankara.She is talented and i am sure she can work with all types of fabric.

**OnYxStA** said...

ankara is making SUCH a storm in fashion...soo proud!
did a bleurgh post on it...check mine out x

http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

udee said...

It's been a while since I've been on Blogspot and an even longer while since I've been on this site.

I looooove her work!! Yayy for Nigerian style and fashion!!