Monday, May 17, 2010

Hanging the Bling

Before, i started hanging up my 'bling"(i wish), I wasn't getting a lot of use out of them because they were in a jewelry box and trying to get them out of the tangled mess they were in was always too tasking. At other times, i simply forgot what jewelry i owned because they were out of sight.
Anyway, sometime last year i went apartment hunting and in one of the rooms, the owner had her jewelry arranged on a rectangular piece of cloth that was hung on the wall. I copied this idea using a place mat purchased from a dollar store and ever since, my jewelry life has changed for the better. It is so convenient picking them out because i can them all at one glance.










some of the jewelry i own hung up on the place mat













You can also purchase a jewelry hanger here

7 comments:

Nubiasnonsense said...

I totally agree I have a jewelry hanger also and It's way easier to wear things

Ibi said...

hnmm really nice idea.. i still hve the same problem of having all my jewelry stuffed into J boxes...

Kemi said...

Check out these too...nice and affordable.
http://www.firemountaingems.com/shopping.asp?skw=KWCTDISPLAYEARRACK

Life around Me said...

My jewelry is still in a mess. i put them in a big chocolate box. the jewelry hanger is really nice and convenient.

Jem said...

Hey, very good idea!
As soon as i am out of this house, I will use it!!! :D

Sarcastically Yours said...

I'm stealing your placemat idea...very creative.

Jibz said...

O maybe if i owned a jewelry hanger of some sort i'd have some more earrings other than the ones i have on now, which by the way are the only ones i own!
I gave up on buying jewelry cause they always seemed to get lost! id leave it on my dresser and when i wanted to wear them again, i wont find them..

lol..longstory short i like the idea! thanks

Im sorry but i have a hard time making comments nice and neat :)