Thursday, April 15, 2010

A date with the Dentist

Hello and Happy Thursday

Its 11.39am in Toronto Ontario, weather is grey with a few clouds and No sun in sight but the light breeze, it reminds me of summer :) . My name is Omozele or Omozee or Zee or Zigi or whatever you want to call me. My best oyibo friend of 5 yrs still cant pronounce my name so he calls me omozula thats fine :).

Do I love fashion? Well it depends, what is the definition of fashion?To me fashion is everywhere and everything from the baby in a chic pram to the old vintage couple that live in my apt building (who dress like they are in the 40's). I dont really follow the trend, I create my own fashion, people have called me sick, to "Grace Jones child" which I like and if you know me you will know I am obsessed with her. So am I unique? I dont think so, everything on the runway or catwalk has been done at some point before. Nothing wow's me anymore... shoulder pads, bubble skirt, nude colored shoes have all been done before.

I am grateful to guest blog on Chic Therapy's blog and I would be writing about or ranting or talking or yarning about not only fashion but Art .I love art and i think life itself is an art.

Ok enough yarning good God, I talk too much dammit . Anyway I had a dental appointment today and was running late so i decided to throw on a vintage Alfred Sung jacket (from my mum's closet), Navada skinny jeans (Sears - I am a size 10-12 waist and 14 hips gba be) big yansh coming through , rings (the citrine one from a friend in India, the pearl one from mum's closet), earrings (vintage store could not find either pair so I paired them together), black lace top (H&M) eons ago maybe 2 or 3 yrs ago cant remember and linked neck piece from mum as well.

I do a lot of vintage shopping, I am a child or the 40's and 80's love everything in that era, a lot of my blazers and jackets are shopped from my mum's closet as she has trucks full of them :). This is getting ridiculously long like i said I love to talk a lot but hey enjoy the pix and see you next Thursday or Monday or whenever.

Omozele Oluwakemi Okosun


lol! Omozee truly is the only person that will rock such an outfit to the dentist with two different earrings at that. Hurray for my first guest blogger.














9 comments:

Chic Therapy said...

Hey Omo, what lip color/brand are you rocking?

Ms zee said...

Mary kay that I have had forever :)

Awa Chery said...

You look fab Omo,i love it from ur fierce hair do to ur toes

Ms zee said...

awww Awa my darling thank you :)

Kofo D.E said...

I'm trying to decide what I'd rather call u... Omozula or Zigi... I've decided Zigi its more artsy and it works well with your look. Omozula is rather heavy...

I like the honesty of your post...its incredibly difficult for any fashion trend to be called unique... if we go back in fashion history we'll def find it. Nevertheless the combination of the not so unique stuff can make it unique... so i'm thinking can you mix it up in a unique way...then we know who really is unique. Nyway Zigi(loving the name)... keep it beautiful, keep it unique ;) but above all keep it YOU...

Kofo

Chics club said...

Awwwwww OMS is in the house.

Chic Therapy said...

Chic Clubs, you are up next!:-)

Ms zee said...

Kofo :) booyahh awww you make me blush :) thank you

PearlsandPeeptoes said...

OMO! How did I miss this post? You're a lovely mess and I love it! LOL!