Thursday, April 22, 2010

...because i can make bows

When i was younger my mom had a tailoring shop that made custom outfits for clients. When the store closed for the day, i'd go and pick up scraps of materials and make all sorts of girly treasures.I made anything from hairbands(remember the one that had the square in the front?), to hair ruffles, doll dresses and bags. However, my most favorite thing to make were bows. Oh!my, was i was obsessed with bows. I'd make bow earrings (using broom stick to stick them in my ears), bow necklace, bow bangle, hair bow in fact i made bow everything. So imagine my delight when i found that hair bows had found their way to the lime light as a Spring 2010 trend. Anyway, sometime last week, i had a D.I.Y moment and i gathered scraps of fabric and made what i know how to make best, BOWS!
What do you think? Can i have a successful career in bow making?
click on image for larger view











































Its Minnie, my favorite bow icon


Isnt she cute? (i bet i wouldnt think so if i found her lurking about in my apt)
Photo credit: Disney Clip art


14 comments:

finz said...

Very pretty! What a nice hidden talent to have :)

toyin said...

love it...and totally digging the hair!

Anonymous said...

nice!

Jibz said...

Ohh there're so cute..I want one :)

Jibz said...

hey , u prolly found her already but look her up

http://creationdavid.blogspot.com/

U remind me of her kinda sorta.

I should add, i don't know her in person just FB and Blogworld :)

Terence Sambo said...

Good stuff, dyu mind sending me images so i can run it on my blog too. askterence@gmail.com

Ms zee said...

yo pls open shop

Anonymous said...

OK, so have you finally realised that this is a business opportunity with your name written all over. Ethnic Bows, the new summer must have...

Ebuli

Anonymous said...

Love it...mail me one...well i can pay for it too lol...Tosin

miss ages said...

I am not even gonna front, it is I and books pls I want that colorful one the red, yellow and orange if I am correct I love love love it and summer is round the corner you have inspired me to continue with my hair flowers I shall take a pic and send to you

ibi said...

really really nice girl!!! think i'm gonna make myself one lol!!! simple but very helpful tutorial

Miss Carmel said...

oh nice, i actually want one! lol

Jem said...

cute!!! :D

Jem said...

so cute!!!!!!!!!!